As we approach the (sometimes dreaded) day of April 15, Tax Day, we’ve got some good news for you. As an employee of MyWorkChoice, you’re a W2 employee. What does that mean? It means throughout the year we have deducted taxes from your paycheck as well as paid the employer side of some important taxes. At the end of the year, we submit to you and the government a summary of the amount of money you’ve made, and the taxes withheld and/or paid on your behalf. Yes, a big benefit of being a W2 employee is that we pay certain taxes on your behalf, like social security.
Let’s take a moment to talk about how cool that is. If you have done any other flexible-based gigs, you know the deal. Those companies do not hire you as a W2 employee, you are hired as a 1099 (named after a different form) and NONE of your taxes are taken out ahead of time. Additionally, you have to pay your own social security taxes. Womp. Womp. That could make April 15 a sad day where you end up owing a decent sized chunk of your hard-earned cash to The Man. But let’s stay positive, because you don’t have that concern with us. (Obligatory disclaimer- we are not guaranteeing you will not owe taxes, as we are not tax advisors, nor are we volunteering to do your taxes, or your dishes. Sorry.)
Now, you may be wondering, how do I access that report you mention, a.k.a. your W2? Well, hopefully, it’s as easy as opening your email, because we sent you one! It could be in your JUNK folder though- so check! The email would be from email@example.com. If you do not see it, try troubleshooting with the below:
How to access W-2 electronically
1. You will receive an email with the link to sign into you account that houses your W2 and paystubs.
2. Click the link and it will bring you to the login screen. From here you are going to click the “Forgot password?” link.
3. You will be brought to the page below to get a reset password link. In the first email you received we included your Username, please be sure to reset your password using the username we sent you. (As seen below)
4. Once you click “Send Reset Link” go to your email and you will get a link to reset your password.
5. Click the “Change” link in the email and you will be redirected to a page to reset your password. Once you have reset your password you will be logged into your account.
6. On the home screen next to ‘Your To Do List’ you will see manage W-2’s
7. Click on 2021 and the W2 will download as a PDF. You can also print if needed.
If you’re still having issues or want to change something for 2021, please reach out by calling our CEC team at 866-824-4898.