Join a revolutionary tech-enabled staffing company – MyWorkChoice, located in Cornelius, that is putting control and flexibility back into the hands of the employee – think “Uber” for staffing. We are looking for a bright, energetic self-starter to join our team to lead the Payroll Department so we can continue the company’s rapid growth. As we are in growth mode this is a hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves position that can grow based on the company’s growth and your ability and desire to grow as well.
This role will play an integral role on the accounting/payroll team at MyWorkChoice. If you are proactive and have strong organization and communication skills, have an eye for process improvement, building for scale, and good problem-solving skills, this role could be for you.
- Responsible for accounts receivable which includes sending invoices, posting checks and handling collections.
- Assist with accounts payable which includes coding, entering and printing checks to vendors.
- Assisting with all aspects of weekly multi-state payroll tax processing for the temporary staff.
- Interface with new and existing Clients to insure smooth transition to our payroll processing. Troubleshoot payroll issues with Clients in a way that engenders confidence and loyalty from our Clients.
- Updating payroll records, changes in compensation and employment status changes for all temporary employees
- Providing prompt, friendly and efficient responses to employees and Clients who have questions regarding their pay, deductions or the payroll process, and invoices.
- Coordinating with Accounting team on close responsibilities during month end close
- Maintaining and update documentation of payroll process and procedures
- Minimum of 3 years of payroll experience in a multi-state environment
- Minimum of 2 years accounts receivable/payable experience.
- Payroll Experience in a staffing company is preferrable.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with TempWorks and Quickbooks a plus
- Advanced Excel skills a must
- Demonstrates a commitment to accuracy and quality while meeting goals and tight deadlines.
- Self-directed, proactive, and a strong sense of personal accountability
- A process improvement mindset and problem-solving abilities
- Hands-on and able to work effectively with team members at all levels
We offer excellent compensation, benefits, and great work environment. Compensation commensurate with experience. With your resume please include a cover letter highlighting why you are interested in this position and why you are uniquely qualified. Come check it out!