Beat Absenteeism with Automation
Imagine it’s another typical Monday morning, and 20% of your production workers don’t show up for first shift. Only five actually called off, and your line supervisors didn’t have time to find replacements. Now what?
Whether it’s sick leave (i.e., the morning after a big game), an urgent family matter, or transportation issues – daily absenteeism causes massive operational headaches for manufacturers. The consequences? Skyrocketing costs and plummeting productivity.
Automated Backfill Technology™ changes all of that. It’s a modern workforce management system that works 24/7 to ensure you have the workers you need to meet your operational quotas.
Real-World Scenario: High Shift Fill Rates
Here’s how MyWorkChoice’s Automated Backfill Technology™ works in one of our manufacturing facilities.
Let’s take Ashley. She’s a dedicated MyWorkChoice assembly worker who suddenly needs to take her child to urgent care on Tuesday night and can’t make her scheduled shift the next morning. She quickly opens the MyWorkChoice (MWC) App, drops her shift, and reschedules for later in the week.
This is where the magic happens.
Our Automated Backfill Technology™ instantly detects the labor gap and identifies the highest-rated MWC backup pool worker to fill in.
Demitri, a college student with over a thousand hours and a 5-star rating in that position, gets an alert about the open shift. Needing to make some extra money, he picks up the shift in the MWC App.
The end results? Demitri shows up, and your production line continues without any downtime. Both Ashley and Demitri are thrilled to have schedule flexibility and you avoid the headache and cost of a short-staffed facility. It’s a win-win for workers and your facility.
Best of Both Worlds: Reliability & Flexibility
Here’s how Automated Backfill Technology will improve your operation, increase employee retention, and cut staffing costs.
- Quick Response: Automated Backfill Technology™ reacts in real-time, removing the need for manual intervention.
- Perfect Matches: Leveraging our intelligent algorithm, the system identifies the most qualified workers to cover the open shifts.
Improved Work-Life Balance for Employees
According to a 2021 study by the Workforce Institute, 77% of workers say job flexibility is a key factor in job satisfaction. Our Automated Backfill Technology™ offers an effective solution for both employers and employees.
- Flexibility: The MWC app allows workers to manage their schedules from anywhere and at any time, which improves employee retention and performance.
- Financial Control: Extra shifts are opportunities to earn more money and get paid the same day.
“Flexibility and great hourly pay make it so I can be at home when I need to be and still pay the bills!” – Jessie, MyWorkChoice employee at GE Appliances
- Reduced Overtime: With a full headcount, the need for costly overtime can be reduced or even eliminated.
- Enhanced Productivity: A full assembly line or shipping department means you can ship products on time, eliminating losses due to gaps in your workforce.
Meet Your Headcount Needs
Automated Backfill Technology™ is an essential workforce management tool for manufacturing and distribution facilities. And MyWorkChoice offers this as a part of our flexible staffing solution tailored to meet your specific staffing needs.
No halted production lines. No more scrambling to find last-minute replacements. Isn’t it time you switched to a staffing solution that works as hard as you do?
Download a case study about how our Automated Backfill Technology™ increased fill rates and production at Silgan Dispensing.